DEAR CITY DEAL BOARD,
Your proposal to close key roads to private vehicles in Cambridge at peak hours will have a seriously negative impact on residents, businesses and commuters in the city and surrounding area.
We oppose these proposals because they will:
- have an arbitrary and unfair impact on some people because of where they live or work;
- displace traffic from some roads onto others, resulting in longer and more time-consuming journeys
- threaten the livelihood of businesses by limiting customer access and deliveries during normal business hours
- increase fuel use, resulting in higher cost to the motorist and more air pollution and carbon emissions
- seek to force travellers to use public transport without adequate steps to improve its affordability and accessibility.
We believe that you should invite responses not only to your preferred solution to the congestion problem, but to the range of possible alternatives, equally and objectively presented.
Sign the petition:
To: The Greater Cambridge City Deal
Stop Cambridge Road Closures!
"I call for a halt to the City Deal's plan for road closures in Cambridge, and for the opening up of a wider, fairer consultation that includes all options to tackle congestion."